Moravian Manor partners with many exceptional organizations. From time-to-time, we’ll spotlight several of our wonderful partners here.
Your Neighborhood Connection
Your Neighborhood Connection is the joint partnership started by Moravian Manor and Luthercare to provide in-home solutions to the community. With its downtown Lititz office location on South Broad Street, Your Neighborhood Connection is strategically poised to the greater Lancaster County. A sample of the service offerings include: companionship, medication reminders, meal planning and preparation, light housekeeping, transportation, personal care services, LPN visits, and much more. Visit www.yourneighborhoodconnection.org for more information.
Warwick School District
Moravian Manor is blessed to have such a wonderful local school district. From the Elementary to the Middle and High School, every level has made such an effort to be involved with residents in our community. Examples of the many mutually beneficial programming between the students and residents include:
- ePals Modern-Day Pen-Pals Project – an intergenerational writing experience with Warwick Middle School’s 7th grade language arts class
- Thanksgiving program and Christmas performances by the Kissel Hill Elementary School students
- “No Place for Hate” classroom discussion with residents at the John Beck Elementary School
- Socrates Café meeting with Manor residents and students from Warwick High School’s gifted class
- Residents serving as judges for the middle school science fair
- Special Grandparents Day program for residents at the John Beck Elementary School
Perhaps what is most inspiring about this cooperative experience as the generations intentionally engage and learn together is that they gain a better understanding and appreciation for one another. These experiences are a great example of being A Community within a CommunityTM. Engaging community in a way that can build relationships and gain a greater appreciation of others will have a positive impact for future generations.
Moravian Manor is pleased to have the Lititz recCenter as a community partner. The mission of the Lititz recCenter is to enrich the lives of the community by providing exceptional programs and facilities that promote the participation of individuals, families, businesses and groups from all backgrounds. The Lititz recCenter offers free memberships to Moravian Manor residents, which includes aquatic fitness classes, an indoor splash pool, indoor main pool, Pickleball, Silver Sneakers Fitness Classes, Group Fitness Classes, a state-of-the-art fitness center, Bingo and Senior Lively Lunch Bunch.